Aloha and Thank You for visiting our website and for giving us this opportunity to introduce you to Wesley R. Segawa and Associates, Inc.
About Wesley R. Segawa and Associates, Inc. (WRSA)
- We are a local consulting engineering firm established in 1981, located in the Hawaiian Islands with offices on Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Our core services include general civil engineering design and construction management services for private and government clients with projects located primarily within the State of Hawaii.
- Subsets of our core services or in association with other engineering and specialty consultants include land surveying, geotechnical investigations, master planning, forensic investigations, materials testing, special inspections, regulatory permitting, and project management.
- We’ve maintained a core staff of at least 25 employees including licensed engineers, technicians, inspectors, and administration staff.
- We have developed and maintained close relationships with local and state governments to facilitate responsiveness to planning, permitting, and compliance with government regulations.
- Services performed for our legacy projects included project management, planning, engineering, permitting, construction administration, and closeout on horizontal and vertical construction projects in the transportation, institutional, energy, hospitality, recreational, health, housing, and land development sectors.
- We collaborate with our clients to develop a scope of services that is scalable based on their budget constraints and timetables.
When WRSA was established in 1981, we were a structural engineering firm delivering design services as a sub-consultant to local architectural firms designing commercial offices, science research buildings, shopping malls, high-end residents, and an occasional government building. Recognizing the growth potential within the broader civil engineering sector, we soon pursued civil and structural engineering projects in the private and government sectors as a prime consultant. In retrospect, this was a smart move that gave this small civil engineering firm a huge footprint in the State of Hawaii.
Today, WRSA’s engineers and specialty consultants deliver engineering planning, investigation, design, and construction administration services on a myriad of building and infrastructure projects throughout the State of Hawaii and parts of the South Pacific. Our portfolio of planning and engineering projects includes the preparation of construction documents and engineering reports for commercial, industrial, scientific, educational, and public buildings; airside and landside airport regulatory compliance and security upgrades encompassing airfield pavements, signage, markings, lighting, and terminal improvements; commercial harbor piers, boat ramps, container storage facilities, and terminal improvements; highway widening, bridge reconstruction, and roadway safety upgrades; and, residential and commercial land development subdivisions including master planning, engineering, and regulatory permitting.
In 1986 WRSA established their Construction Management (CM) footprint in the State of Hawaii when CM services were not recognized as an insurable risk by a majority of insurance companies insuring design professionals and “going bare” was our only alternative. Our first project was the $300 million Hyatt Regency Waikoloa, today known as the Hilton Waikoloa Village, located on the west side of the Big Island of Hawaii. Our portfolio of private sector CM projects includes commercial and resort buildings and site development, residential and commercial subdivision developments, high technology science facilities and infrastructure, alternative energy developments, highway and bridge construction, K-12 educational and higher education developments, microwave communication facilities and infrastructure, wastewater treatment facilities, cargo facilities, airfield and terminal upgrades, and a myriad of quality assurance and project management projects.
Our private and government clients recognize the value of our CM services with growing expectations toward project management and implementation of artificial intelligence applications. In response, WRSA continuously invests in cutting-edge technologies and human capital necessary for growing, strengthening, and delivering CM services that meet our client’s expectations. Our toolbox is packed with experience, technology, training, mentoring, and client-compatible Construction Managers, Inspectors, Technicians, and support staff focused on delivering efficient and sustainable Client-Centric CM services.